Intel Ireland are delighted to share that the Intel Mini Scientist will return this year.
The Intel Mini Scientist is a science competition for primary school students in 4th, 5th and 6th class and is open to all schools across Ireland.
Taking part in the Intel Mini Scientist involves creating a science and / or technology project which can be based on the Primary Science Curriculum covering topics such as Living Things, Energy and Forces, Materials and Environmental Awareness and Care, or any area which is of interest to the participating students.
Intel Mini Scientist 2023
This year, students are invited to create science projects, either as an individual or in a team of up to 4 members. Each project will be exhibited in your school, along with a project workbook for judges to review. Intel employees will endeavour to visit a number of schools to judge and select a winning project to go forward and represent their school at our Regional Finals later in the year.
Winning students at this stage will have an opportunity to showcase their winning projects and compete at the 2023 National Grand Final in early 2024, where the overall grand prize will be awarded.
In 2022 over 6,300 students from 100 schools in 23 counties across Ireland took part in the Mini Scientist competition.
There are a number of fantastic prizes available to participating schools:
- Every school taking part receives a special commemorative plaque.
- Every student taking part receives a gift and a certificate of participation.
- Every member of the winning project teams will receive a science related prize.
- There is a €1000 monetary grant for the school which has the overall Grand Final winning project.
- Mini Scientist registration is now open.
- October 13th, 2023 – Registration closes.
- October 16th – November 10th, 2023 – School level exhibitions take place.
- November / December 2023 - Regional Finals take place.
- Early 2024 – Grand Final takes place.
Want to Get Involved?
The Mini Scientist is open to schools all across Ireland and there is no minimum number of students required for a school to participate. To sign up to participate in the 2023 competition visit www.intel.ie/miniscientist where you can find the online registration form along with additional information about the competition.