Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 Product Family
Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 Product Family
The Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 product family-based expert workstation: Dual processors for optimal performance. The highest performing workstation, optimized for experts.
Expert workstation performance
Entry/Professional to expert workstation performance
- Integer Floating Point Throughput
- Floating Point Throughput
- SPECapc* for 3ds Max*
Entry-Professional to Expert Monte Carlo*
Financial services benchmarks have a wide collection of numerical algorithms in quantitative finance. These algorithms are usually the core part of computational-intensive workloads.
Configuration Details: Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 Product Family
Intel internal measurements as of April 26, 2012
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2687W platform
SPECint*_rate_base2006, SPECfp*_rate_base2006, SPECapc* for 3ds Max 2011*, CINEBENCH* R11.5, POV-Ray* V3.7 Beta, Luxology* modo501, Monte Carlo* v2.0 (Linux* configuration), Black-Scholes* v4.0 (Linux* configuration)
Entry baseline configuration: Intel® C216 SDP platform with Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1290v2 (3.70 GHz, 8 MB cache), 16 GB memory (4x4 GB DDR3-1600), SSD, NVIDIA Quadro* 600, 295.73 GFX driver, Microsoft Windows* 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 OS. BIOS version: ACRVMBY1.86C.0080.P00.1202071014, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology enabled, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology enabled. Linux* configuration OS: RHEL6.1 (Kernel: 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64).
Professional configuration: Intel® C600 SDP platform with Intel® Xeon® processor E5-1660 (3.3 GHz, 15 MB cache), 16 GB memory (4x4 GB DDR3-1600), SSD, NVIDIA Quadro* 2000, 276.28 GFX driver, Microsoft Windows* 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 OS. BIOS version: Intel Corp. SIX7910J.86A.0281.2011.1019.1612, 10/19/2011, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology enabled, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology enabled. Linux* configuration OS: RHEL6.1 (Kernel: 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64).
Expert configuration: Intel® W2600CR SDP platform with Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2687W (3.10 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8.00 GT QPI), 32 GB memory (8x4 GB DDR3-1600), SSD, NVIDIA Quadro* 2000, 276.28 GFX driver, Microsoft Windows* 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 OS. BIOS version: SE5C600.86B.99.99.X036, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology enabled, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology enabled. Linux* configuration OS: RHEL6.1 (Kernel: 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64).
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information go to http://www.intel.com/performance. Results have been measured by Intel based on software, benchmark or other data of third parties and are provided for informational purposes only. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party data referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the websites of the referenced third parties or other sources to confirm whether the referenced data is accurate and reflects performance of systems available for purchase.
2. Relative performance for each benchmark is calculated by taking the actual benchmark result for the first platform tested and assigning it a value of 1.0 as a baseline. Relative performance for the remaining platforms tested was calculated by dividing the actual benchmark result for the baseline platform into each of the specific benchmark results of each of the other platforms and assigning them a relative performance number that correlates with the performance improvements reported.
3. Results have been estimated based on internal Intel analysis and are provided for informational purposes only. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance.
4. Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology: See the Processor Spec Finder at http://ark.intel.com or contact your Intel representative for more information.
5. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Intel Turbo Boost Technology and Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 are only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
6. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires a computer system with a processor supporting Intel HT Technology and an Intel HT Technology-enabled chipset, BIOS, and operating system. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. For more information including details on which processors support Intel HT Technology, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
7. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
8. Intel® products are not intended for use in medical, life saving, life sustaining, critical control or safety systems, or in nuclear facility applications. All dates and products specified are for planning purposes only and are subject to change without notice.